Message from the President/CEO
Dear Friends of The Health Wagon,
This website is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to highlight the special activities and exceptional accomplishments that we can all be extremely proud of. The Health Wagon has experienced continued growth that can be attributed to kindness of our donors, to whom we offer our appreciation for allowing us to be stewards of their generosity. Some of the many highlights include:
- The Health Wagon has 6,160 unduplicated active patients.
- The Health Wagon documented 18,364 encounters/visits in 2020.
- The Health Wagon continues to coordinate the largest health outreaches of their kind in the nation.
- The Health Wagon has grown to operate three mobile health units and two stationary clinic sites.
- Specialty clinics such as pulmonology, radiology, cardiology, endocrinology, ostomy, nephrology, ear nose and throat, women’s health (colposcopy), mental health, and dermatology clinics for patients offered in the region specifically for those without insurance.
As you look at our website, please reflect upon the extraordinary work that is being performed within our community and the profound unmet health care needs that we must continue to rise to the challenge to meet. We salute our entire family of benefactors: our dedicated staff, exceptional volunteers, board of trustees, the business community, community partners, foundations, elected officials, and individual donors.
Dr. Teresa Tyson, DNP, MSN, FNP-BC, FAANP
President and CEO, The Health Wagon