Message from the Executive Director
Dear Friends of the Health Wagon,
This website is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to highlight the special activities and exceptional accomplishments that we can all be extremely proud of. The Health Wagon has experienced continued growth that can be attributed to kindness of our donors, to whom we offer our appreciation for allowing us to be stewards of their generosity. Some of the many highlights include:
- The RAM Wise & Lee County projects provided over 5,500 patient encounters and $4.7 Million in free care in 2014.
- Our involvement in Remote Area Medical in 2013 yielded an ABC interview and continued local, national, and international press coverage.
- Thousands of patients received comprehensive health care services during our regular clinics and expansion of new clinic sites in Wise County (Coeburn, Norton, and Clintwood) and Scott County (Duffield) and Russell County (St. Paul) and Lee County (Pennington Gap) due to increased demand.
- Specialty clinics such as pulmonology, radiology, cardiology, endocrinology, ostomy, nephrology, ear nose and throat, women’s health (colposcopy), mental health, and dermatology clinics for patients offered in the region specifically for those without insurance.
- The Health Wagon currently has 4,623 active patients.
As you look at our website, please reflect upon the extraordinary work that is being performed within our community and the profound unmet health care needs that we must continue to rise to the challenge to meet. We salute our entire family of benefactors: our dedicated staff, exceptional volunteers, Board of Trustees, the business community, community partners, foundations, elected officials, and individual donors.
Teresa Gardner, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP